TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES Reloaded
TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetAdministrator
GBRModerator
lldeModerator
malonnModerator

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0
dimitrius154

Activating weapons scriptwise Empty Activating weapons scriptwise

on Thu 05 Nov 2020, 23:40
Greetings!

There's a certain issue with dual wielding present - AFAIK there's no way to script a left-handed weapon equipping. Is it possible to reactivate this previosly active functionality?
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Activating weapons scriptwise Empty Re: Activating weapons scriptwise

on Fri 06 Nov 2020, 15:26
I dont understand the request.

To equip a left weapon, click with the right mouse button on the weapon you want to equip in the left hand.
Equipment mode must be enabled in the OblivionReloaded.ini.

If you do not want to use OR equipment mode but an other mod, disable the feature in the OblivionReloaded.ini
dimitrius154

on Fri 06 Nov 2020, 15:46
Back in the day, if the EquipmentMode was enabled, one could force equip a left handed weapon by a script with the following sequence:

player.SetEquipmentSlot 14 "weaponname"
EquipItemNS "weaponname" 1

That sequence no longer works.

Hmm, I should also mention, that enabling EquipmentMode with the current OblivionReloaded v.8.2.2.0 causes all weapons and clothing to be unequippable, save for the quivers.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

on Sat 07 Nov 2020, 17:38
Setting a slot to 14 means to attach an item to the torch node. So it is not like to equip a weapon in the left hand. It can be because you see it in the left hand, but it is a "unuseful object". OR has the real combat with left hand and you can really attack with the left weapon and the the left hand uses all the game mechanisms for damage, fatigue etc like for the right hand.

About the problem of objects are not equipped, it works normally in the vanilla game. So there is something else that conflicts with possible mods.
It is thing already discussed in the Discord channel.
dimitrius154

on Sun 08 Nov 2020, 00:11
>"you can really attack with the left weapon and the the left hand uses all the game mechanisms for damage, fatigue etc like for the right hand"

I guess, it theoretically means, that EquipItemNS command should work without item substitution, the question remaining as to what equipment slot the left hand weapon equipping procedure uses.

>"So there is something else that conflicts with possible mods."

Likely, though it should be noted, that with dll v.8.2.1.0 weapons can be equipped, armor and clothing cannot. If dll v.8.2.2.0 is used only quivers can be equipped.
dimitrius154

on Sun 08 Nov 2020, 00:47
Interesting, I have no equipment conflicts with the older dll v.7.1.0.0, clothing and armor equipping issue with dlls v.8.0.0.0 - v.8.2.1.0, clothing, armor and weapons equipping issue with dll v.8.2.2.0.
(Sorry for an extra post, I'd rather edit my previous one, but there's a time limit)
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

on Sun 08 Nov 2020, 15:25
You cannot equip an item in the left hand with the vanilla game. I repeat, only OR is able to enable that. Using the equipitem command ONLY attach the weapon to the torch node of the skeleton for a visual effect. The left hand weapon is not managed by the game. It doesnt exist in the game.

You cannot equip a weapon in the left hand using a script if Equipment Mode is enabled.
The problem is, instead, that you cannot equip any ojbects. I will make some tests.

Anyway, disable the equipment mode so you havent problems.
dimitrius154

on Sun 08 Nov 2020, 16:14
>"I repeat, only OR is able to enable that."

That I do understand. What I was wondering about is the the working principle of left-hand equipping in OR. Nevermind, guess the best bet is to browse though the source code kindly provided. Surely no worse then reading Assembler.

Thank you for your time.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

on Mon 09 Nov 2020, 11:18
That is:
https://github.com/Alenett/TES-Reloaded-Source-NEW/blob/master/TESReloaded/Core/EquipmentManager.cpp
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum