TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES Reloaded
TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetAdministrator
GBRModerator
lldeModerator
malonnModerator

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0
Forty7Years
Forty7Years

Water Settings to make puddles visible? Empty Water Settings to make puddles visible?

on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 04:42
The default water settings make small puddles invisible, as in Tale of Two Wastelands when leaving vault 101, there is a small puddle made invisible just outside the vault.

I read on the forum for Viva New Vegas - NVGE Preset by Qolore7 that setting:

shoreFactor =0.0001
shoreMovement = 2.0

In the Water.ini would make the puddles visible. And it works, but now all water is crystal clear, thus defeating the purpose of NVGE's awesome shader work.

Is there a happy medium? Where puddles will be visible , but water still looks amazing as it does with default settings?

Also, can anyone reommend settings to make water LOD less visibly distinct from the nearby water?

I set LODdistance = 10.0 and that seems to improve it, but the difference between near and far waster is still noticeable.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Water Settings to make puddles visible? Empty Re: Water Settings to make puddles visible?

on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 10:20
What are you speaking about?
Puddles settings are in precipitations.ini. Puddles are "activated" with it rains and they are managed by the "wetworld" shader.

The settings about shoreline are for the water, that is not linked to puddles.
They define the movement of the water when it hits the coast.

These are puddles in NVR, do not exist puddles in the water shader and water.ini.

Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Water Settings to make puddles visible? Empty Re: Water Settings to make puddles visible?

on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 10:33
If you are speaking about little water zone (like puddles/ponds), that are too transparent, you can set up the turbidity level. The shoreline settings are an other thing.

Last edited by Alenet on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 17:39; edited 1 time in total
Forty7Years
Forty7Years

on Tue 13 Oct 2020, 11:42
I was speaking about static objects, not puddles from rainfall, but small water objects, small pools of water that are placed in game.

I'll play with turpidity to see if I can get it to work.

Thank you for the reply.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum