TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES Reloaded
TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetAdministrator
GBRModerator
lldeModerator
malonnModerator

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0
Giulia

Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs Empty Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs

Thu 08 Oct 2020, 12:12
Hi, I wanted to ask if somebody had this issue while trying the last four versions of OR (8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 8.2.1). After a lot of tweaks and attempts, I decided to write here. Everytime a NPC or my PC enters enters a building or is next to a spot that cast shadows, his hair disappear and the same occurs with all his equipment (both clothes and armors). All NPCs appear to be bald. I tried to deactivate shadows, to tweak some shader and even to deactivate hair mods (the only one I have installed is by Kart). Moreover, except for High elves, I noticed that all caracters' eyes in games are transparent. I use OCO v.2. This problem never showed up with OR 7.1, I'm trying to understand where it could come from. I'm considering to use again OR 7.1, maybe it's the best solution. Thanks a lot for your attention.
malonn
malonn

Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs Empty Re: Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs

Thu 08 Oct 2020, 13:48
@Giulia wrote:Hi, I wanted to ask if somebody had this issue while trying the last four versions of OR (8.0, 8.1, 8.2 and 8.2.1). After a lot of tweaks and attempts, I decided to write here. Everytime a NPC or my PC enters enters a building or is next to a spot that cast shadows, his hair disappear and the same occurs with all his equipment (both clothes and armors). All NPCs appear to be bald. I tried to deactivate shadows, to tweak some shader and even to deactivate hair mods (the only one I have installed is  by Kart). Moreover, except for High elves, I noticed that all caracters' eyes in games are transparent. I use OCO v.2. This problem never showed up with OR 7.1, I'm trying to understand where it could come from. I'm considering to use again OR 7.1, maybe it's the best solution. Thanks a lot for your attention.

I'm not sure. Strip your LO down to just OR and see what happens. ENB? If so get rid of it. AMD or Nvidia?
Giulia

Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs Empty Re: Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs

Mon 12 Oct 2020, 19:28
Hi, thanks for you reply. The LO is okay, OR is the last mod loaded. I've always run Oblivion with an AMD card (i know it's a problem, but it worked perfectly with OR v. 7.1). I've tried over and over again but nothing changed. Always the same issue with translucent eyes/clothing in areas with shadows. I thought to use again OR version 7.1 but I don't find the folder anymore: is it possible to download it from this site? It doesn't appear under the download section in OR page. Thanks a lot again.
malonn
malonn

Tue 13 Oct 2020, 18:52
@Giulia wrote:Hi, thanks for you reply. The LO is okay, OR is the last mod loaded. I've always run Oblivion with an AMD card (i know it's a problem, but it worked perfectly with OR v. 7.1). I've tried over and over again but nothing changed. Always the same issue with translucent eyes/clothing in areas with shadows. I thought to use again OR version 7.1 but I don't find the folder anymore: is it possible to download it from this site? It doesn't appear under the download section in OR page. Thanks a lot again.

I'm not sure where to grab the older versions of OR. Maybe someone will have an archive of 7.0 or 7.1 and share, but you may be out of luck.
casual87

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 09:52
had the same problem with 8.0 and run game on amd card as well.
Found a solution:
unmark canopy trees in oblivion if you had that feature activated  AND   delete the following shaders from OR: ( Oblivion/Data/shaders/OblivionReloaded/extrashaders)

SLS2007.vso
SLS2007.vso.hlsl
SLS2009.pso
SLS2009.pso.hlsl
SLS2023
SLS2031
Once removed I no longer had translucent clothing/armor. As with the bald hair there's a hair fix to download here, try this, hope it helps
(did work for me, but only with 8.0, OR 8.2 still has bald heads even with said fix, so try to use 8.0 is my advice)
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 17:29
Disabling the canopy tree mask makes the game to change the shader package. This means OR will not applied anymore the shadows and any other shader replacement. SO it is not the solution. You simply "disabled" the major OR features.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Wed 25 Nov 2020, 17:37
@Giulia OR is not a mod and it has no load order. It "updates" the game code to a new version. I suppose there is something wrong with AMD cart and the shader package used. It seems there is a set of shader used by AMD that i should replace. "Unluckly" i have all the PC with NVIDIA cards and i cannot test AMD. I dont know how to help. We need somebody who is able to tell me which shaders are used in AMD in that frame.
Giulia

Thu 26 Nov 2020, 16:40
I tweaked a bit with some shaders in OR's shaders folder and with version 8.00 everything worked well. I tried also the latest version of OR: the only glitch is about bald characters now, but I'm going to try and see what I can do soon. Thanks everyone for your replies.
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Thu 26 Nov 2020, 18:28
Wait the new OR version that has deferred shading. If you use deferred shading, you can delete the entire extrashader folder and i think you have no more problems in AMD.
boazy

Mon 30 Nov 2020, 20:36
Thanks to this awesome community I too have also been able to mend the shader problems that come with being team red.
Can't wait to play OR with shadows again (and whatever other features those few files were for), once the new update comes.
The bald indoor NPCs I could endure. Even the transparent armors. But the shadows... ಥ_ಥ

Have a nice week everybody
& shoutouts to all the people from the future
who are still playing Modding Simulator 2006
after all these years <3
QueridoAsno

Fri 04 Dec 2020, 14:38
ok, I have an Amd board, and found many problems with the OR, transparent textures, strange colors and various lighting and shadow errors... After days of trying all sorts of options, and I checked every file of textures and shaders, and I've iolei the problem: it is not necessary to delete the entire folder "ExtraShaders", but only the files "SLS1004.pso, SLS1004.hlsl, SLS1006.vso" delete only these 3 files solved all the problems, at least to date, I believe q these are the shaders that affect the AMD, I hope I have helped ...
QueridoAsno

Fri 04 Dec 2020, 14:50
I really don't know what these 3 deleted files pointed out, but the shadows keep working after delete them,
Alenet
Alenet
Administrator

Fri 04 Dec 2020, 15:54
Just a "stupid" question............probably did you disable the bUseRefractionShader in Oblivion.ini?
If you disable it, NPCs get transparent when chamaleon effect is applied to the NPC (vanilla bug).
QueridoAsno

Fri 04 Dec 2020, 16:21
is enabled, I tested everything that was possible in the last two days and nights, I realized that disabling the "bDoHighDynamicRange" and "bUseBlurBlurShader" , but disabling HDR is not an option, so I kept looking for an acceptable solution.
Attachments
Issue with OR transparency/bald NPCs Attachment
TES4.jpg You don't have permission to download attachments.(276 Kb) Downloaded 8 times
snake0463

Wed 17 Mar 2021, 11:06
Sorry to necro an old thread but I'm using AMD and having the same issue without bald npcs (their hair was super shiny and flipped light sources a lot tho)

Deleting the entire extra shaders folder worked perfectly, so it has to be something in there. It got rid of rocks seeming to disappear and reappear in rain, npcs vanishing when any spells were cast, armor and weapons becoming invisible at night or just outside in general, and random bits of an oblivion plane just popping out of existence whenever an imp casted fireball. It generally got rid of any and all graphical issues I've had.

Again, sorry to necro I just know that I wished someone commented on the last four forums I've been on that some solution worked for them.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum