TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES Reloaded
TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetAdministrator
The Author
GBRModerator
lldeModerator
malonnModerator

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0
pianopirate

Total Confusion about download Empty Total Confusion about download

Fri 03 Sep 2021, 22:36
Totally confused. This download only includes OBSE plug-ins. The Nexus Download includes all files except INI and ESP files. An article titled "Oblivion Reloaded for Dummies" refers to an "OblivionReloaded.esp" or "OblivionReloaded.esp.ini" . Then I check "OR Lite" nexus mod and that has an ESP and an INI. I'm in a Rabbit Hole here. Please enlighten me. Took me 15 minutes just to figure out how to post anything here. What do I need to download  to have a complete OR mod?? Or do I only need these OBSE plug-ins?
I've been reading modding guides for this game for a week now and many people recommend this mod. After reading everything it can do I am mostly interested i the Gameplay and bugfixes it employs. It would eliminate many little mods. "OR Lite"  actually removes those things so I won't consider using it. I like nice graphics but not my main reason for using this mod.
Also, a lot of conflicting info out there about whether OR works with ENB or ENBoost. I only use the memory patch. So is ENBoost compatible with Oblivion Reloaded or not?
Sorry if these are stupid questions but even though I've successfully modded 10 games , I'm completely untrained in computers. So things take a while to penetrate. I RE-read a lot. And then I read again.
malonn
malonn

Total Confusion about download Empty Re: Total Confusion about download

Fri 03 Sep 2021, 22:54
OR and ORLite (if interested) do not include an esp file. It is unnecessary. All the work is done via OBSE. To download vanilla OR, you need both files located here on this forum. I forget their titles. Just know you need two archives, both available here.

As for ENB, vanilla OR does not play too nice with it. ENBoost is mostly unnecessary with OR, by the way. There are people out there who may or may not get it working together, but I'd recommend you steer clear of ENB until you get some experience with OR under your belt. Either way, Alenet (the sole developer) does not offer support for ENB installations. You'll need the community to make them place nice together. ORLite is a different story (which I recommend at this time over vanilla OR--much less buggy).
pianopirate

Total Confusion about download Empty Thanks Malonn

Sat 04 Sep 2021, 16:59
Thank you Malonn for super prompt answer. You are right. I went back to look at OR Lite and I was mistaken about the esp file. But it makes sense to not have an esp file because it is an OBSE plug-in for textures and most texture mods have no esp or only a dummy/empty file to make sure BSAs load. the 'Mac' guy that wrote "Oblivion Reloaded for Dummies should change his information' He clearly states there is an ESP in Oblivion Reloaded.
I'm gonna try using all the files Alenet has on nexus and update with the OBSE plugins i downloaded here. Then repack a zip and load into Mod Manager. Should work but what do i know? if it doesn't I'll just have to live without. Makes you crazy when most people are raving about this mod.
What is very hard when modding an old game in 2021 is deciphering old advice from updated advice. I finally got info on how to repack OMODs for MO2 with OBMM. But I can't find any info on repacking an OMOD manually. I guess I'll have to find a mod on nexus that is an OMOD and study the file structure. but I'll try that after I get this Oblivion monster to work with Oblivion Reloaded, OBSE, Steam, MO2 and OBMM for OMOD files. A New adventure in modding.
I'm also aware that I may end up with a mod list that has no OMODs at all. That would be cool. And also a pipe dream.
malonn
malonn

Total Confusion about download Empty Re: Total Confusion about download

Sat 04 Sep 2021, 20:20
No! Don't mix and match resources from different locations. Over time, OR has updated its folder structure and other resources and the plugin needs the correct files/structure. Download the latest version from this site. It has the most bug fixes, but it is still buggy. If you don't like it for whatever reason, grab a complete different version from another site (Nexus) and run that complete archive.

More than likely, that guide you read was for an older version of OR. Older versions had esp files. I don't know the guide though.

Give OR a fair shot. It brings a lot to the table.

OMODs are old, deprecated software. Steer clear from OBMM. OMODs require OBMM to pack. Instead look into Wrye Bash (my recommendation, at least). It is full featured and is the only software that comes with a Bashed Patch, which is a must for large load orders. Use LOOT to sort you load order if it's large. A Bashed Patch requires tags, which LOOT supplies.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum