TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES Reloaded
TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetAdministrator
GBRModerator
lldeModerator
malonnModerator

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0
SUPER_MOOSE93

Am I doing this right? Empty Am I doing this right?

Fri 02 Apr 2021, 19:12
I downloaded oblivion again a couple of days ago and have spent today installing mods. I really want OR to work, but im not 100% sure im going about it the right way.

I downloaded the main file from Nexus, and tried to install it, this just made my game crash on start up. I then realised it needed many different mods to run, so I now have 45 mods to install, is that right? thats a lot of mods. I also saw the in game visual settings that are required.

Am I being an idiot and making this difficult for myself?
Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Am I doing this right? Empty Re: Am I doing this right?

Fri 02 Apr 2021, 20:12
SUPER_MOOSE93

Sat 03 Apr 2021, 12:58

I followed the instructions and can get into the main menus no problem, but the game crashes to desktop as soon as the world tries to open. In the ingame video options it says i need HDR lighting turned on, and MSAA at 4x, but i cant have both enabled at the same time. Could this be causing an issue?

I also havent changed the oblivion.ini settings because i cant actually find the parts to change inside the ini itself.
"Invalidate your BSA archives (if you didn't redirect them)." I dont know how to do this either.
Defirdayon
Defirdayon

Sat 03 Apr 2021, 19:23
In Oblivion’s Starting Window I recommend the following:

- set Video Quality Presets to Ultra High
- set Screen Effects to HDR
- set Mode to Fullscreen
- set Antialiasing to None (best performance)

Indeed you can’t use HDR and Antialiasing together at that point. You have two options: you can force it through your graphics card or you can use SMAA in OblivionReloaded.ini under [Effects].

Make sure that Oblivion.ini is writeable before you first start Oblivion with OR. After the first launch you can make it „readable only“ - if you want.
I recommend to DELETE Oblivion.ini before OR’s first start – no fear, nothing will burst, but if you delete it, a complete „fresh“ INI will be created by the game. Then do your changes in Oblivion’s Starting Window and continue to the game’s Main Menu, where you can set the in-game-values as shown at the description page. Then LEAVE the game and set the recommended values into the new INI.

If you don’t find the recommended values in Oblivion.ini copy and paste them in after the first launch. There's also an additional article on Oblivion.ini here .

If you’re building Oblivion with lots of mods and VWD-files I recommend leaving uGridDistantCount at Default [25] otherwise performance can drain a lot (even with Framerate-Manager enabled). But you can always play with that value, like it is best for you.

If you had previous versions of OR or you have had installed ORL (Oblivion Reloaded Lite) make sure everything is completely de-installed (delete Data\Shaders\OblivionReloaded – folder).

Also make sure that Oblivion’s original shaders can be found in Data\Shaders (if not, they are available at Nexus).

It goes without saying that the system requirements must be installed (and installed at the right place):
OBSE 21+, Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Redistributable Package 2019 x86 and DirectX 9.0c (June 2010).

About invalidating files: if you use Wrye Bash (which is recommended for Oblivion) this is done automatically (after launching it of course :-) ). As far as I now there are similar mechanics in all mod managers integrated. And/or you can also use SkyBSA (changes Oblivion’s file handling to Skyrim’s system; can be also found on Nexus). This is neccessary because OR replaces (as loose files) some files from the original BSA's.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum