TES Reloaded
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TES Reloaded
TES Reloaded is one of the biggest project of the modding community.
It is a plugin for Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

HAVE FUN!
AlenetAdministrator
The Author
GBRModerator
lldeModerator
malonnModerator

Timeslip

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v1.0

Scanti

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

ShadeMe

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v2.0

Ethatron

Oblivion Graphics Extender (OBGE) v3.0
Jopp

Creating new shaders from scratch Empty Creating new shaders from scratch

Thu 18 Mar 2021, 21:45
How to create new shaders for OR and SR, what software is required ?
malonn
malonn

Creating new shaders from scratch Empty Re: Creating new shaders from scratch

Fri 19 Mar 2021, 00:59
No software required. Just a text editor like Notepad or Notepad ++ or Sublime Text (my preference). There are tons of text editors out there. You sound like a novice though, so the true hurdle is the programming side. Effects and shaders are programs of sorts. You have to code them. So keep your favorite search engine handy and use it.
Jopp

Sat 20 Mar 2021, 01:08
@malonn wrote:No software required.  Just a text editor like Notepad or Notepad ++ or Sublime Text (my preference).  There are tons of  text editors out there.  You sound like a novice though, so the true hurdle is the programming side.  Effects and shaders are programs of sorts.  You have to code them.  So keep your favorite search engine handy and use it.

A text editor? sounds impressive and in the same time like a bad joke for me. I do a lot of scripting but not for Win. Anyway, i have never used a text editor, but script editors to code if i needed something. But these are skills i learned by myself.
How is people supposed to set up nice shaders if there is no template? Of course i could look into the shipped shaders in OR, etc. But this is like picking the needle in the hay, if i wanna learn code to create a new shader. This would require an infinite amount of time, just to set up something simple, not to talk about something custom and awesome.

Maybe i need some mead to learn how to code shaders quickly XD
malonn
malonn

Sat 20 Mar 2021, 14:10
I'm not trying to put out shade, brother. I don't know you. I've written effects and used only a text editor. All my coding I use a text editor (with an IDE plugin). I've never written a shader, it's a different thing in OR than an effect, but it's still HLSL. There are no OR official tutorials or templates. You'll have to study it's effects/shaders and figure it out with a search engine. Wish I could give you better news, but there is no step by step stuff out there specifically for OR. Good luck, personally, I love seeing new shaders/effects from the community for OR but they're rare.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum